The Train

IMG_0648

“Do you think you can meet me at the town square,” Albert asked quietly.

Juliet replied, “I will have the driver ready to take me to town as soon as he leaves. He is my friend and sometimes my confidant.”

“We will just run away, darling! It doesn’t matter if we’re married,” Albert said.

“Can we go far away? I’m afraid he’ll find me?”

Albert said, “Yes. I will keep you safe.”

Juliet and Albert met in town to leave her abusive husband. When they tried to catch the train, there he stood. Albert knocked him down with one blow.

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Challenges, Flash Fiction, Uncategorized
16 comments on “The Train
  1. Iain Kelly says:

Go Albert! 🙂

2. Dear Rosemary,

Albert’s a keeper I’d say.

Shalom,

Rochelle

3. Lynn Love says:

Hurray! Let’s hope they can escape and start a new life together. Great tale Rosemary

4. A great punch in the end…. hope that they’ll make it.

5. James says:

I was worried there for a second. Glad they got away.

6. jellico84 says:

Protector, defender and friend, this Albert. Good tale.

7. michael1148humphris says:

This is a fine picture of real life. Great writing.

8. Very nice. Yay for Albert!

9. Life Lessons of a Dog Lover says:

Yeah for Albert. Nice story.

10. Well told. I wonder if they eventually learn that running away never really sets you free. Or maybe Albert has settled the matter with one blow?

11. Well played, Albert – I hope they are happy.

12. amiewrites74 says:

Way to go, Albert!

13. Sometimes leaving a bad situation is the best for everyone involved. Nicely done. :o)

14. Michael Wynn says: