Waiting

img_0337

There was so much between us during that year. No one, but us, will ever know. He left from this very dock. He went to the mainland from this spot. The night before, he told me not to worry, that he would never be out of my life. I trust him. It doesn’t matter what anyone says. Just because someone has a relationship with someone else doesn’t mean they are sick. How cruel could that be? How silly does that sound? That only means they are trying to keep us apart.

It seems like I’m waiting wherever I am. Work. School. Home. I know he will figure it out. I know he’ll come back for me.

So I’ll wait. Right here on this dilapidated dock where he can find me. #amwriting #amblogging #writing #romance #flashfiction #fiction

*This post sponsored by FFfAW.

Thanks, Priceless Joy!

Tagged with: ,
Posted in Fiction
9 comments on “Waiting
  1. Great story Rosemary! I really like how you worded your story. We have a very similar theme to our stories. Well done!

2. Jade M. Wong says:

Heartbreaking tale…I hope he comes back to her, but I have the sinking feeling he won’t 😦 Great story Rosemary!

Liked by 1 person

3. Iain Kelly says:

Nice take. I hope it works out, distance relationships are tricky. Well written.

Liked by 1 person

4. michael1148humphris says:

I saw a young impressionable girl, who had been abandoned, I hope that. I am wrong.

5. sniderjerry says:

Reminds me of the famous play,WAITING FOR GODOT

Liked by 1 person

6. sailajaP14 says:

I’m sure he’s going to come back! I love how you brought in the feeling of desolation tinged with resilient hope.

7. athling2001 says:

Well done. Narrator is well formed for such a short piece.