The Accident

IMG_0653.JPG

Sasha drove home from town. As she passed a driveway, she almost crashed her car as something hit her in the driver’s side door. She knew instantly it was a deer. She pulled over and jumped out. There she was, by the car. She had hit hard, destroyed the door, but she was still alive. Sasha loved the deer and fed them daily. She knew she couldn’t move her and she called her neighbor to help. She seemed to have a bad chest injury.

John knew she couldn’t be saved and humanely shot her. Sasha felt her heart break.

Tagged with: , , , , ,
Posted in Challenges
10 comments on “The Accident
  1. laithibrahim380 says:

not bad accident

2. Iain Kelly says:

Poor deer. Sadly happens a lot.

3. I almost thought it was Sasha who was injured. Great emotions!

4. Dale says:

Always so sad when a deer gets hit by a car…

5. This is very sad and very humane. I hate hitting animals, large or small.

6. michael1148humphris says:

I have a soft spot for deers, so I know how she felt. So many innocent animals perish on the roads.

• The person in the story was me, Michael. I’ve lived here with lots of deer for 20 yrs. that is the third one I have hit on the mountain road. I try to take care of them. There are so many.

7. Life Lessons of a Dog Lover says:

Oh, I hate the thought of hitting an animal. It seems so unfair.

8. Michael Wynn says:

So sad when the only option is to put them down