Frosted

IMG_0657

Ruby didn’t understand why things kept disappearing. Her hairbrush. The book she was reading. She hadn’t found either of them. It was only she and Ralph in the house. He wouldn’t take those things. What need would Ralph, her husband have for them? He was as puzzled as she was.

Today, her Christmas cactus was missing.ย Ruby felt like she was losing her mind. Could it be dementia? She even looked around outdoors and there it was. Covered with frost. She snatched it up, taking it inside.ย She knew something was very wrong.

As she went inside, she heard Ralph on the phone and stopped when she heard the words “nursing home.” She realized he was talking to his brother about her. They were planning on putting her in a nursing home and Ralph had been setting her up.

She would show him.

Tagged with: , , , , , ,
Posted in Flash Fiction
22 comments on “Frosted
  1. Michael says:

Yes, Rosemary, I hope she shows him well and truly…

2. Iain Kelly says:

Evil Ralph, or is it all in her mind? Good take on the prompt.

3. What a set up was that! Good story, Rose.

4. Their wicked plan exposed! I wish her luck.

Click to visit Keith’s Ramblings!

5. Good for her! Revenge is sweet! Great story Rosemary! The jerk was setting her up to think she is losing her mind!

6. James says:

• The book I’m writing is a psych. thriller and the woman thinks she is losing her mind. It might be called “Gaslighted.” You may have given me away! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

7. michael1148humphris says:

The battle is now on for her. Wishing you well with your thriller.

Liked by 1 person

8. Ameena k.g says:

Ohh I say, “you show him girl!!” *snaps finger in the air” ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿผ

9. Oh, what a wicked thing to do. I like the way she found out and her resolution.
    The Snow
    Annie at ~McGuffy’s Reader~

10. Singledust says:

She caught on fast, I am cheering on for her to set him up and turn the tables on both of them. What an imaginative twist!

11. Now, I am left wondering what she comes up with. That’s underhanded of him.

12. Computer says:

Good story, Rose. Reminds me of the 1944 movie “Gaslight” starring Charles Boyer and Ingrid Bergman